警察 & 公共安全
The mission of the E世博网址是多少 Department of 公共安全 (BSUDPS) is to protect, 服务, and create a safe and academically sound environment for the 学生, 教师, 以及大学的工作人员. The BSUDPS is responsible for providing police, 安全, 风险管理, 环境安全, 停车, and identification services to the University community.
We recognize that our authority comes from the Constitution of the United States, a continually reaffirmed expression of the will of the people, and we are dedicated to upholding its expression of the fundamental value of all people.
The department 服务s with integrity, 自由裁量权, 和权宜之计, 在集市上, 适当的, 态度彻底. The conduct of each member of the department will be professional and honorable. We work with other organizations to create a campus environment that is socially rich and diverse.
We view our community and our employees as invaluable assets whose welcome diversity encourages us to strive for a place where their expression and worth can flourish. We do this with the clear understanding that our ultimate responsibility is to enhance and celebrate the University experience.
The vision of the BSUDPS is to facilitate and strengthen partnerships with E世博网址是多少 教师, 工作人员, and 学生 and to ensure a safe learning environment that supports academic freedom, 尊重个人, 宽容, 以及开放的思想交流.
- Facilitate and support the University mission of a student-centered institution
- Increase the individual perception of personal safety
- Provide a department that is accessible to our stakeholders
- Implement the emergency management plan
- Sign up 90% of 学生, 教师, and 工作人员 for the Bowie Electronic Emergency System (BEES)
- Establish a grant unit to identify various alternative funding sources
- Train all sworn police officers and public safety aids on a new BSU community-oriented policing model
The Department of 公共安全 operates 24 hours a day with the primary purpose of protecting life and 适当的ty, enforcing fire safety regulations, 维护和平与秩序. The campus police officers enforce the laws of the state of Maryland as well as regulations of the University. The officers patrol designated areas on a random and continuous basis, being alert for fire and/or safety hazards and any suspicious persons or activities. 有关人员的职责包括:
- Crime prevention information programs and service to systematically deter, 否认, and detect criminal opportunity;
- Round-the-clock response to emergency and non-emergency situations relating to the safety and 安全 of people and 适当的ty associated with the University;
- Documentation of criminal activity and certain defined non-criminal incidents as required by law and administrative policy, and follow-up where deemed worthwhile or necessary;
- Preventive and directed uniform vehicle or foot patrol to lessen criminal activity and to assist people generally;
- Emergency messages, giving directions, providing information on how to acquire roadside assistance;
- 在逮捕, 收集证据, 写作引用, providing information for prosecution, 在法庭上作证
安全, 安全, and Parking 服务
The officers and public safety aides give special attention to 安全 as it relates to lighting on campus and report any irregularities or non-performance to the shift supervisor and maintenance department. They pay particular attention to trash removal from buildings and the grounds to ensure safety for the employees. They are watchful and ensure that 适当的ty is not being removed by unauthorized personnel.
The officers and public safety aides exercise good judgment in dealing with employees, 学生, 和游客, and are humane and sympathetic to individuals and their problems as deemed appropriate.
- Parking operations 服务 to expedite the safe and orderly movement and storage of vehicles within the limits of available space to support the role and mission of the University;
- Locking and unlocking of designated University buildings, and patrols of campus grounds and buildings;
- Assisting individuals with special needs which include, 但并不局限于, 打开办公室门, 打开车门, 推动熄火的车辆, 提供的消息, 等.;
- Escorts and transportation of 教师, 工作人员 and 学生 to and from campus buildings and 停车 areas during evening and late night hours for safety purpose
The Department of 公共安全 is a legislated police agency. University police officers are vested with full police authority under provisions of Title 13, 副标题6, 节13 - 601, 教育的文章, of the Annotated Code of Maryland. 除了, police officers are granted additional jurisdictional authority as prescribed in the Criminal Procedure Act, 标题2, (字幕)1, 部分2 - 102.
请发电子邮件至 DPS@cdm8.net if you have any questions for the Department of 公共安全.
To view the PDF documents on this page, download the free Adobe Acrobat reader by clicking here.